Thursday, July 10, 2008

UPDATE By Grandpa Jim

It appears to me that there are still some "bugs" in this program. Please bear with me as I seek help. For one thing, I'm having trouble distinguishing between "comments," "posts," and regular e-mail that I receive. (Does that make it a transportation problem? Hey, I sold the car, traded my license for an ID card...I'm supposed to be free of transportation issues, right?) Somebody might claim that it's a technology matter, or a communication issue, but surely, in 2008 that can't be, can it? If one skims over the sort of memories I've been posting, one can see that there was a simpler, slower, kinder time. One of these days, maybe even this weeekend, I hope to introduce Hattie Flickinger to you. (Isn't her name almost descriptive of the person?) Hattie was born before 1900 and contributed to my newsletters in '83-'84.) Her primary memoir was entitled "The One Room Country School of 1898." It contains a lot of wonderful details that the history books have no room for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandpa Jim,

I was telling your precious grandaughter Sarah, how WONDERFUL this blog is. I relish the memories of the blissfull days of childhoood myself. At 38 I still yearn for a time when summer was full of catching lightning bugs and listening to crickets.

Much Love To Your Family,
Gena Haviland
Charlotte NC