Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Memoir by Dot Herndon

Seven years ago (when I turned 50) a friend gave me my first (of many) journal. I remember the first time I wrote in it thinking "I can't do this" ; "I don't have time" and all the excuses you can imagine. I feel those journals are my memories as I have written of all the fun times and the not so fun times we have had in our family over those years. I have written of our son getting married - the birth of our first granddaughter - and most recently when Harley was involved in the accident that made us truly thankful for all that God has done for us over the years and what he continues to do for us. I have some pages where I wrote one word HELP when I didn't know what to do. I find comfort going back and reading the journey I have taken over the years.

No comments: