Saturday, January 24, 2009

Speak Up and Snuggle Up by GJ

With just a little over a week to go, I want to ask a favor. If you have visited my blog, whether
merely a few, or quite a few times, would you please “register,” by sending me an e-mail? I’d just like to know who might have been in my “audience” for the last seven months. On the last day, a week from now, I’ll post the results of this request.

By the way, does anybody have any input on something called Facebook? A young boy (nephew to our grandson) has invited me to join, and I want to, but am going to need some navigating help and was wondering about it.

Had an especially good day yesterday, when a lot of things just fell into place. I mentioned, a couple of posts ago, that I was taking on a cause with a veteran’s “home,” (nursing) over on Gulf Coast. I was able to call a volunteer there and he greased the skids by giving me some facts. There are about 25 veterans in residence, about 70% are WWII, 20% Korean War, and 5 to 10% Viet Nam era. This really helps me plan the kinds and numbers of stamps to send them. My basic plan is to send stamps over the next five or six months, just to increase their inventory. I’m enjoying it, already. During that time, I’ll see if I can find someone to follow up for me.

Did you ever have one of those days? It’s probably my imagination, which does go into orbit occasionally, but every couple of months or so, I seem to run across several smiley, pleasant, out-going folks when I’m doing errands at grocery store, bank, post office, whatever. Yesterday, for instance, everybody at the credit union was so CHEERFUL! There’s one cashier who is from Scotland and I love her brogue. Been here in US for three years and says their climate is not much like here. Got a card from her mother, she said, and it was 16 below there. Gets a kick out of how Floridians bundle up when temperature gets below 60.

You “bundle up,” too, you hear? Snuggle up, too…that’s a good thing, you know. Even after 61 years, that’s a welcome invitation from my Jeanie. (Not that I’d ever initiate it, of course.) God Bless every one of you.

No comments: