Monday, January 26, 2009

ABOUT THAT BOOK...by GJ

About Greene's book...the subtitle is: "JOURNAL of Family Memories." It's like a MANUAL for writing a memoir! Writing just one page would be better than nothing. I regret not having kept a journal of navy days. Or family vacation adventures. Or holidays, etc. There was one time, for instance, when witnesses claim I saved a shipmate's life. I always thought that was questionable, myself. I did help him get back to the ship when he was struggling in the water, but it's debatable whether or not he could have made the short distance alone. A better story is that when Jean and I went to visit him, many years later, all he could recall was that I once sold his shirt (almost) off his back! This says something...I just don't know what!

No comments: