Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is it time? By GJ

To hang it up, I mean? It appears pretty clear to me that people don't want to write, anymore. And that's okay. Now I need sombody to tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or offensive, or put-offish. (?) And that's okay, too, for I'm confident that I tried hard to make it work.

I've been told more than once that I'm a dreamer. Some have meant it well, and some have meant it with a little sting, I think. And that's okay. What do I dream of? Of people "connecting" better in today's society... an environment that seems to work against such ideals. Of people able to disagree without rancor, when an aquifier of rage seems always just below the surface. Of a desire to be courteous when so many won't act out that nicety.

Am I too tied to the past? Golly, at my age? Would I be the first? I've got to consider it, I guess.

Other pursuits are beckoning. I have a list of recommended books to read, for one thing. There was a time when I considered a book of my own, too. In several contacts with internet publishers, I am not encouraged. First, they want me to commit to a contract before they even see what I have, and that's suspicious, isn't it? Secondly, they want a hefty percentage of any profits. And thirdly, they won't be very specific in how much marketing help they can provide.
In other words, they want a lot to do what I could do for myself if I were brought up in this computer age. So be it.

I'd really appreciate responses of any kind. Love, Jim.

No comments: