Thursday, October 23, 2008

Contests, but not for the birds? by GJ

Got an e-mail from a reader named Julene about the osprey. She says she saw an osprey nest on a pole in a parking lot in Menominie, WI. Says she was also told they can be mean if disturbed. The more readers I hear from, the dumber I feel. This leads me to wonder if anyone knows of any college team called "The Ospreys?" The U. of WI? (I don't think so. FSU? Nah.) I'm really just kidding, because I do know! I feel a contest coming on. The first one to respond with the correct answer gets a free book.

I had to look up Menominie, as had a hunch it was not too far from Milwaukee. How could I have been BOTH right and wrong? (Careful...it's a trick question.) Aha! Another contest? First one in with this gets a book, also.

No comments: