Friday, September 12, 2008

Thinking Hard by Grandpa Jim

I can't help but wonder about my blogging efforts. Approximately two (2) times a day, somebody "tunes in." Approximately 2% of those bother to look at "my view." Does this mean that 98% of the curious public is not interested? I keep reminding folks "out there" that memoirs ought to have meaning for several generations. "Boomers" ought to want to know more about my generation, my generation ought to be telling their stories WHILE THEY CAN, and our grandchildren ought to be more curious about the past, and about history, and about their heritage!

But maybe everybody I've mentioned has better ways to do these things than reading or writing memoirs? Maybe a blog is not the best medium? Maybe nobody cares?

I can only guess that there could be millions who would respond if I could reach them. Maybe they don't have pcs. Maybe they are content (or forced) to simply sit on their porches or sofas and watch the world go by?

I'm really wondering if maybe I should look at some other venue? Speaking to senior groups in my local area might have some promise. Then, I can't help but think, my age says such an approach is not for the short-range!

As always, I'd appreciate feedback. Love, Jim.

No comments: