Monday, September 8, 2008

Introducing: Henry W. Baumann by GJ

You readers cannot imagine how much I enjoy being able to share my first of several of the "Original Memoirs." I have been struggling for a long time to find a way to do this. I've been carrying this collection from townhouse to apartment to travel trailer to house to house...over 7 or 8 moves in the last 25 years!

Yes, it has become an obsession: one of not being able to "let go." I invested two years, a lot of time, and some funds in collecting these true stories. I'm afraid it is because I hated to stop publishing them, to admit I could no longer afford it, and to part with "old friends."

One of these old friends was Henry Baumann. Henry was the most prolific, most precise and error-proof of all the contributors. I never had to edit a word or change a comma in anything the man ever sent me. His memoirs went from me to the typesetter with ne'er a fare-thee-well. I fear that Henry is gone. (He would be 100 +/- by now.) I have tried searching for him on the internet and it looks hopeless. I hope you'll enjoy Henry's work, as he is one of the best at sharing memories, and I have several more to post for you.

No comments: