Monday, September 15, 2008

Is "dingy" same as eccentric? (GJ)

Show Original Post

Mrs said...
I love these posts about teaching. I homeschool my own children, but I also teach English composition and AWANA JV. Is there a student who sticks out as a real hero, or one that sticks out as a real zero?When I was in high school there were two freshman English teachers who happened to be sisters. One was strict and harsh and the other, Mrs. J, was a bit dingy.

A favorite prank the high school boys liked to play on Mrs. J was to take her VW Bug, lift it up, and turn it sideways in its parking space as much as they could. She would then have to wait until the others around her left before she could get out.I was walking to her class one day when I saw her pressed up against the side of the building, trying to see around the corner without being seen. Suddenly she burst from her hiding spot and yelled, "I've caught you! I've caught you! HAH!" She had finally caught the boys lifting her bug. Two of them got away, but the other two were marched off to the principal's office.
September 14, 2008 7:11 PM

No comments: