Saturday, August 23, 2008

What Should I Do? by GJ

Call this a contest, if you wish. Here are my options. (A) I can have 30 or 40 of my memoirs collection eventually posted on this blog. (B) I can have them put into a small, paperback book at Kinko's (as long as they are transcribing them, anyway,) and try to market them myself. (C) I can invest a few hundred dollars and let an internet publisher market them in a similar book. There is a multitude of such publishers, but should I trust them?

In order to best prepare yourself for the contest, you might want to look over those posts on this blog that I did not write. They would be just like the bulk of the collection. I would include about six or eight of my own, maybe. They might form 20% of the lot.

In general, the majority of my authors are gone, and often write about the early 1900's. They would be the age of great, great grandparents. (The grandparents of your grandparents!)

If you have an opinion, pick an option and explain it in an e-mail. Best (meaning simply the one I like best) entry receives a free book...not the one I'm contemplating!

No comments: