Monday, June 22, 2009

"Mrs." and I are back on same page!

Mrs to me
show details 8:49 AM (2 hours ago)
Reply
Mrs has left a new comment on your post "Comment by Mrs.": Hey GJ, I didn't take your message as a slight against homeschoolers AT ALL. I was in total agreement with you!Sometimes with email, it's hard to read because you don't hear voice inflections. My heart goes out to my teacher friends and all teachers. In fact, if anyone would like to help a teacher directly, ask them what's on their "wish list" for next year, then help them buy it!

Hi, Mrs...

All my fault, and when I goof, I can really goof. I thought your "I do" meant that you disagreed, when I could have solved it by re-reading my own post! I'm glad you are in our corner. I have been meaning to seek just those teachers. Thanks to your reminder, I shall go at it with added determination.

When Jean taught kindergarten, I told her principal that a part-time volunteer who would help put the galoshes, mittens, and coats on 30 little kids could save Jean. Instead, that was too much for the administration to ask, so Jean "burned out" of that age and went to another district. Those children LOVED Mrs. Van! She was a natural (after raising two of her own) and even I was captivated by her specialty, the "finger play."

No comments: