Monday, June 22, 2009

"Lights! Camera! Action!" I'm outta here.

I can't believe how long it has been since we went to a movie theater. (Something tells me it was "Ice Age," but I doubt it.)

First, the "dumbing down" of the rating system has removed a huge percentage of what we care to see. PG is more like PG-13 was last month. PG-13 is more like R was two months ago, and R is beginning to resemble X. (Can G be far behind?) Taking Jean to a movie is like taking one of our daughters 50 years ago. She doesn't need the garbage that comes at her in digital color and deafening noise. I will not subject her to it, no matter who is in it, or how much they spend to get me there. And I rarely know anybody who is in them!

I am ready, I think, to turn to Netflix again. I'll save a bundle, too!

No comments: