Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nephew Bob

Introducing Bob Wolf:

Just discovered that Bob has not been in my e-mail "bunch." This is my way of apologizing to him and also of stalling while I figure out how to add him once and for all.

Bob and I first met when I went to join the faculty at Niles West HS, Skokie, IL, in fall of 1961. I wish I could remember how long afterwards it was that he wondered if maybe we were related, way back, somewhere. Turns out we are both descendants of some Harrisons, maybe, but nothing conclusive ever turned up. (Strange---can't be that Harrison is a common name, can it?)

So, we served together for 31 years until I took early retirement and "cut out" on him.

Jean and I got to know Bob and his first wife, Bobby, and began playing bridge almost every week, as I recall. We watched their sons grow and even spent some short vacations together. (There was a time when Bob tried his best to "smoke us out of a cabin.") And they owned the only dog that Jean ever liked! She was bitten as a child, and still is quite fearful.

I won't go into any of our misadventures, mainly because my aging, faulty, never-was-good memory might mistakenly put me to blame for some of them. Welcome to the blog, dear Bob, and I'm thinking of re-directing it away from memoirs and more toward simple chatting?

No comments: