Monday, July 27, 2009

Transfer #1 from new (terminal) post by GJ

Time is of the essence. No, time and tide wait for no man. No, time sure flies, doesn't it? We "run out of" time, we "take our" time, and we "waste "time. So, what is this demon we live with? I can only report that, here in my octogenarian era, I actually seem to lose a whole year, now and then.

A good example is when I quit driving and sold the car. I could swear that it was in early May, 2007. Two years ago. It seems at least two years that I have not driven. Has to be. At least two. Nope. My replacement ID card clearly states, May, 2008. That's one year. That means a year that I know I lived through, by "feel," just up and blasted off into orbit.

If you happen to spot a mysterious object glittering in the sky , up there, just to the right of Jupiter, that's merely my lost year, OK?

No comments: